PROJECT: The Crusher: Retail Program
Skullcandy, known for their bold approach to product design, uncompromising commitment to adventure, and celebration of all things loud, invited Axis Display Group to develop a fixture program to bring their Crusher Virtual Reality Audio headphones to market.
This product, much like Skullcandy’s target customer, takes what most people only dream of and makes it a reality. Initially debuted at CES 2016, testers of the headphones confidently claimed that Skullcandy is poised to set off a whole new category of headphones.
As Skullcandy continues to redefine the headphone market, an equally innovative, in-store experience is an absolute must. Axis Display Group embarked on extensive market research, conducted ample consumer research, and had plenty of fun testing the product ourselves in order to immerse ourselves into the culture of the brand and the minds of people who live and breathe it.
What was presented to Skullcandy was not only a fixture program, but a proposed revamp of their current store environment, complete with fixtures and displays that provided the perfect place for shoppers to experience what great truly sounds like.
- Produce an extremely realistic render, as premium as the actual fixture
- Create an immersive experience for the shopper
- Prominent and recognizable Skullcandy branding, without being overwhelming
- Squared corners & clean lines
- Powered listening stations
- Shelving and grid peg components for merchandising option
- In-store security measures needed
- Plug n’ play delivery
- Scalable design to fit multiple channels
Suggested Materials & Components:
- Hot-rolled steel
- Acoustic foam
- Sustainable materials (wood, responsibly-sourced steel)
Axis Services Provided:
- In-depth consumer and market research
- Industry forecasting
- Competitive analysis (brand and retailers)
- Architectural and space planning
- Material sourcing