Axis Display Group is looking to add to ITS Project Management team.
Axis Display Group is an award-winning retail marketing company specializing in the design, development, and implementation of retail displays, store fixtures, and interactive retail environments for some of the world’s most recognizable retailers and brands.
AXIS believes in a holistic approach to retail. Our seasoned team of left and right brain thinkers provide unsurpassed levels of engineering, manufacturing, and installation experience, as well as decades of agency expertise and support. Our team does not design solutions that “simply fill a space.” We are hands on researchers, creators, producers, and managers of the entire customer experience.
AXIS is a company of the modern ages. Our work environment reflects the ever-changing needs of our team and clients. We are not an 8-5 organization. We believe balance and flexibility are two of the greatest motivators, and we encourage our employees to build time into their schedules to ensure they never miss out on the things in life that matter most.
You are an organized, detail-driven person who enjoys - and enjoys creating - process. You are a strategic problem-solver able to grasp “big picture views” as easily as you manage day-to-day details (budgets, timelines, deliverables, etc.) for diverse and multi-faceted teams.
You are flexible and adaptable, and understand no two days will ever be quite the same. You know how to use your impeccable time management skills to prioritize tasks, delegate responsibility, and help keep your co-workers and client partners on track and on-time.
You are a communication powerhouse who knows your voice is important. You look for chances to improve what’s already being done, and are comfortable bringing those ideas to the table. You enjoy speaking with multiple people a day (clients, co-workers, vendors, prospective customers, etc.) and can seamlessly transition from platform to platform (web, video, conference, in-person, etc.) without losing the message.
As a smaller company, you understand you may be asked to wear multiple hats from time to time. You’re good with that and welcome the break from monotony. Above all, you carry a can-do attitude. If you don’t know something, you learn it. If you don’t understand something, you ask for help. If you don’t agree with something, you speak up. You believe people should work to live, not live to work. You’re looking to join a company where that value is not only espoused, but part of the everyday culture.
Project Managers are the glue to all things AXIS –invaluable liaisons between client, company, vendors, and end-user. Together, you and a team of designers, marketers, engineers, manufacturers, and vendors, will work to create solutions for our client partners’ toughest retail needs.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the (1) organization, (2) communication, and (3) execution of tasks related to each phase of a client’s retail project. Since AXIS delivers end-to-end solutions, these responsibilities will translate throughout each element of a project’s life cycle:
Project Managers are diverse people who enjoy working in fast-paced, active environments. Expected project workload will vary based upon need. It is common for projects to exceed 3-4 months from concept to implementation. The AXIS Project Manager must be a dedicated individual, excited to participate in turning client partners’ visions into reality.
*For more information on tasks carried out in each of those phases, view the Vision2Reality Approach section on our website.
- Coordinate all client communication and act as liaison between client, company, and vendor
- Ensure project scopes of work (SOW) are clearly identified and explained to all members of the AXIS team, and develop manageable timelines to keep all parties on track
- Develop, record, and update project cost estimates and budgets throughout project duration
- Communicate frequent project status updates to all necessary parties
- Ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support on a continuous basis to all project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes, and practices
- Engage in client and customer service initiatives, such as: continual service, support, and troubleshooting throughout the project; follow-up after project completion; customer retention activities, etc.
- Establish new and manage current relationships with AXIS vendors and partners, including but not limited to, manufacturing facilities, technology consultants, material companies, etc.
- Occasional travel to meet with vendors and clients (up to 25%)
Required Skill Set:
- A deep understanding of workplace flow and overall organizational development and management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and manage multiple details simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead a team and delegate responsibility
- Able to work independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- B.A. or B.S. degree or sufficient industry experience
Bonus Skill Set:
- Experience in the retail display and/or store fixture industry
- Marketing or retail experience in the consumer electronics, technology, outdoor, sport, or home improvement industries
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and brief cover letter (optional) to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.