Axis Display Group is looking for a graphic designer.
Axis Display Group is an award-winning retail marketing company specializing in the design, development, and implementation of retail displays, store fixtures, and interactive retail environments for some of the world’s most recognizable retailers and brands.
AXIS believes in a holistic approach to retail. Our seasoned team of left and right brain thinkers provide unsurpassed levels of engineering, manufacturing, and installation experience, as well as decades of agency expertise and support. Our team does not design solutions that “simply fill a space.” We are hands on researchers, creators, producers, and managers of the entire customer experience.
AXIS is a company of the modern ages. Our work environment reflects the ever-changing needs of our team and clients. We are not an 8-5 organization. We believe balance and flexibility are two of the greatest motivators, and we encourage our employees to build time into their schedules to ensure they never miss out on the things in life that matter most.
You are a creator at heart. You love to make people think, laugh, or consider something in a new and different way. You understand how to take insight and turn it into action. Rather than just filling a need, you like to be part of the strategic process and believe yourself to have ideas worth sharing.
Whether working collaboratively or on your own, you’re able to manage multiple tasks at once. You know how to effectively communicate your thoughts and ideas and have no problem meeting deadlines. You enjoy learning new things, and desire to work at a place that allows you to test your creative limits.
With AXIS being a smaller company, you understand you may be asked to wear multiple hats from time to time. You’re good with that and welcome the break from monotony. Above all, you carry a can-do attitude. If you don’t know something, you learn it. If you don’t understand something, you ask for help. If you don’t agree with something, you speak up. You believe people should work to live, not live to work. You’re looking to join a company where that value is not only espoused, but part of the everyday culture.
As Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for assisting the marketing team with all items related to: (1) positioning the brand, (2) growing the brand, and (3) ensuring the brand stays top of mind with key prospects. This includes but is not limited to graphic design, marketing collateral, website updates, email communications, print advertising, and photography/video management. From time to time, your talents may also be tapped to assist with client projects requiring various design elements.
In a loud world, AXIS believes focused messaging is key. The individual in this role must be comfortable translating campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Assist in the strategic development of cohesive marketing and advertising initiatives
- Create layouts and edit various marketing materials for print and digital campaigns
- Assist in the development of copy and messaging for campaigns
- Execute minor web updates related to design (Squarespace)
Work products may include but are not limited to:
- Marketing Collateral & Sales Materials - brochures, pamphlets, folders, business card holders, presentation design and materials, etc.
- Direct Mail
- Print Media
- Email Communications - email layout (Mailchimp), newsletter design
- Social Media - headers, graphics, ad banners, special logo treatments, interactive media
- Web Design & Digital Media - landing page development, minor web page updates, online banner/box ads for trade publications
- Content Marketing Collateral - infographics, graphics for blogs, case study web page design, branded research reports/white paper design, etc.
- Miscellaneous - occasional event marketing materials (swag bag items), some packaging design or label creation, Thank You/Holiday card design, etc.
- Client Work - product/service photography, lifestyle graphics, other miscellaneous design asks
- A proven ability to design cross-functional, multi-platform campaigns
- A track record of contributing to and carrying out strategic marketing and advertising initiatives
- Willingness to participate in brand strategy and positioning exercises
- Willingness to assist with copywriting activities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of content management systems, specifically Squarespace
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp
- Photography and/or basic videography skills; interactive media capabilities
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 2+ years of design experience in an agency setting (preferred but not required)
How to Apply:
Please send your portfolio, resume, and brief cover letter (optional) to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.